Thursday, March 27, 2008

Collection - Theme Thursday

This week's theme is Collection. Stacy had shown us how to create a collage in Photoshop. I don't have Photoshop, and Bonnie showed me a free program called GIMP, which I downloaded but have no idea how to use it. I'm working on it! :-) So I decided to find random collections of things around my house. Here are some:


(Sorry for the yellow light in some...against flash)






Coats



Rags (no Riches though...'k, sorry, that was lame)





Boxes (Vill and I used these to make a cement slide sled!)



Books (nothing really interesting in that shot...they're kinda boring books, except for the Birthdays and Relationship ones)




Pens




My daily rotation of shoes (no, I don't line my shoes up in a row!)




Piano music (and a random street map book!)


Ridiculously old lounge chairs (Easily from the '70's)


Mommy? What are those big rectangles for? (Look! There's even a New Kids on the Block concert video in there!)



Board games (I like how I have two games of LIFE)

Really big CDs...I mean, records! I even have a record player that still works!


Part of my Barbie collection. I found these in the cellar, and posed them. I had more, but those are the ones that made the cut. My cousins, brother and I had some weird Barbie stories.

One of my Ken dolls was a transvestite named Betty (s/he's the one standing up wearing the white dress, waving)

The Barbie sitting on the couch has no left arm. She was called Aunt Mable and worked at the Barbie McDonalds restaurant.

We got bored one day and chopped some Barbie hair off. Danielle (my cousin) and I didn't like that all of them had ridiculously long hair.

So there are my collections! Please go to Stacy's to see some more!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Brittany said...

Love the photos!!! :) What a great take on the theme!

March 26, 2008 at 11:05 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

New Kids on the Block?!?!? Yay!

March 27, 2008 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

What a great way to show collections! I love getting to see all the everyday things that people have. And New Kids on the Block?! What's not to love about that?!

March 27, 2008 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger kim said...

Those are wonderful! My favorite is your Barbie collection. I have one of those, too, but mine are all in boxes. Love the photo btw and Betty was the first doll I noticed of the bunch...funny.

March 27, 2008 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger Killlashandra said...

Ok, I'm envious you collect piano music. I grew up with a piano but then when my parents moved they left it with some neighbors and to this day I still want another piano and music sheets to go with it. Very cool!

March 27, 2008 at 11:41 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't line shoes up! And those Barbie stories - what a hoot!

March 27, 2008 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Fun take on the theme! I had to LOL at the VCR tapes, because we still use them! We have a bunch of Disney tapes that the kids can put in themselves and a bunch just sitting there and not being used.

March 27, 2008 at 1:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

those are so fun - but that Barbie collection, esp. Betty is CRACKING me up...so funny!

March 27, 2008 at 6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that we collect normal things.

March 28, 2008 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

I am having trouble saying my favorite thing! I am a teacher, so of course I LOVE pens...your collection is quite nice. For some reason, when I really need one, I can't find one to save my life! Ok, and the collection of 70's lounge chairs- priceless! I also enjoyed the record collection- sweet! The daughter has a fabulous collection, and loves listening to them on her stereo too. Such GREAT quality in the sound! I think I would HAVE to say, though, that the Barbie collection would be my fav. Oh, how I loved Barbies when I was a child. I LITERALLY laughed outloud at the story of transvestite Ken...I made up risque stories about some of mine, but nothing quite so fun! THAT is a fantastic collection. Thanks for sharing...

March 29, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home